Scandic launched in 2011, the wild west of Minecraft servers. Originally it was a protest against the then-rampant prevalence of abusive server staff, an attempt to build an oasis in hell, but it has since grown into a respectable brand that stands for much more.
Our players like to call home a server that never falls offline. They like to build long-standing structures in a world that never goes away. They enjoy a degree of self-expression seldom matched in the Mineverse, and they rest easy at night with trust in their server's time-tested technology.
On behalf of all our players, we cordially invite you to join our Minecraft family. Join today at scandic.us, or keep reading to learn what makes us special.
- 100% legit SMP game mode. Everything is built by hand
using naturally gathered resources. Zero item spawning, flying carpets, gamemodes, or special
abilities for anyone. No exceptions! We want our players to naturally value their hard work.
- Fair gameplay. We do NOT
tolerate cheating of any kind, and we take immediate action when someone
is suspected of cheating. In addition, our staff have a strict no-interference policy regarding using any special abilities in front of rule-abiding players.
- Long-term stability. We already have a decade under our belt, and we plan to stick around for many more. If you want your builds to truly pass the test of time, your best bet is to build in Scandic.
- Freedom of expression. We do not dictate or censor what you can or cannot build or say on our server, nor do we allow Mojang's army of snowflake interns to do it on our behest. We only step in for cases of targeted and prolonged cyber-toxicity.
- Grief Prevention. You can protect your claims from griefers using GriefPrevention, also known as the golden shovel plugin. You can allow your trusted buddies to build with you,
create sub-regions for extra control, and even sell regions to
- Robust economy. A good legit SMP server needs a good legit SMP economy. You can buy most supplies from our player-run chest shops or in-chat auctions. Our currency is rock-solid, backed by physical non-renewables and automated inflation control.
- Quality of life. Tree feller, vote sleep, mob catcher, stair sit, you know the usual suspects! Scandic has always been big on such small but significant QoL improvements. Oh, and as of 1.17 we have craftable Bundles too!
- The Aether? The Aether. In addition to the Nether and End, our server also has a fully-functional Aether dimension of floating islands. Yes, down to the glowstone portals! (Just one catch: use a golden sword instead of a water bucket... and do not ask why.)
|scandic.us (default ports: 25565 Java and 19132 Bedrock)
|EssentialsX, GriefPrevention, ParadiseLand, Shop, UltimateCatcher, TreeGravity, GSit, CraftableBundle, GeyserMC, sleep-most, ezAuctions, MobHunting, PvPManager, FreedomChat, View Distance Tweaks, et al
|U.S. West Coast datacenter (no, not Scandinavia!)
April 29, 2011 (original server debut)
October 1, 2019 (current world debut, the sixth and FINAL world reset)